Thursday, November 14, 2019

Since then....

As one friend put it: "The gratitude exceeds the grief." 

We are so grateful for a beautiful day on the 8th of September to scatter Alan's ashes at sea. Sharon, Nathan and I sailed in Alan's Heron, whilst Zoe sailed with friend Steve in his family Heron and Dave, Ayla, Logan and Beth went with Cliff and Debbie in their bigger boat (complete with toys and snacks...) Scattering Alan's ashes was never going to be easy, but we are thankful that we had a sunny day and adequate wind to get us out of the harbour. 

We are so grateful for all the lovely memories others have shared with us throughout this time, as well as our own. 

We are so grateful for the multitude of pebbles placed by the boat in thanksgiving for Alan at the service. We are making a rustic seating area with Alan's walking boots planted up nearby and all the pebbles around as our special memory place in Sharon and Dave's garden. 

We are so grateful for the monetary gifts given in his memory - £1234.64 towards the work of OAC and £584.64 towards the work of Macmillan Cancer Support.  

I am so grateful for the support of friends and family as I adjust to a new way of living. Beth, my young friend, has launched my businesses on Facebook as I seek to expand them. I thought it was quite rude to ask people to "like me" on Facebook, but it's apparently what you do! It's not just the child in the playground who asks "will you be my friend?" and "do you like me?" - but we do too! 
Sue's Cornish Kiln site has been launched and Sue's Cornish Kitchen is on its way. For those of you not on Facebook, I also have a website: www.suescornishkiln.co.uk 

I still enjoy about 2 days a week with my little friends - Grandchildren Ayla & Logan, and a friend's children, Davy & Jonah. They bring much joy plus a few challenges!

Alan's office has been emptied and you'll be pleased to hear that Charlie (Alan's infamous puppet) is moving to Poland to work with the OAC guys there. Oliver (Alan's wide mouthed puppet) is moving to Albania. These Cornish guys get everywhere!! (Even in puppet form...)

As time pressures increase, I'm not sure whether or not I will continue this blog. So for those of you that have kept reading it, prayed for me and sent your love: Thank you. 

Every blessing, as Alan would say. 

Sue 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since then....

As one friend put it: "The gratitude exceeds the grief."  We are so grateful for a beautiful day on the 8th of September to scat...